Please note that these waivers are available for U.S. citizens and permanent residents only, and each applicant is allowed one fee waiver.
Fee waiver for membership in specific organizations
If you qualify for the Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program application fee waiver, please forward a letter from your director to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon qualification, you will receive a fee waiver code to enter into your application.
Participation in one of the following organizations may also qualify you for a fee waiver. Please complete the BTAA Fee Waiver application, and if you qualify, you will receive a fee waiver code for your application:
- Big Ten Academic Alliance – Summer Research Opportunity Programs (BTAA)
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program (GMS)
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers Program
- Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- Post-Baccalaureate Research and Education Program (PREP)
- Public Policy and International Affairs Junior Institute (PPIA)
- Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE)
Fee waiver for specific recruitment programs
Application fee waivers are available for participants in the programs listed below. Please note any special requirements for each program, and if you qualify, you will receive a fee waiver code for your application:
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS): Must visit IU recruiter at the annual conference and complete a contact information card.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) Conference: Must visit IU recruiter at the annual conference and complete a contact information card.
- BTAA FreeApp: Must meet the BTAA FreeApp criteria and complete that application along with meeting the IU University Graduate School criteria. The goal of the Big Ten FreeApp program is to increase access of underrepresented students to Ph.D. and M.F.A. degrees and the professoriate. For more information on this program please visit the BTAA FreeApp website.
- California Diversity Forum: Must visit IU recruiter at the annual forum conference and complete a contact information card.
- Emerging Researchers National (ERN) Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Conference: Must visit IU recruiter at the annual conference and complete contact information card.
- GEM Fellowship Program: Must be selected for the GEM Fellows program. Learn more on the National GEM Consortium website.
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) National Conference: Must visit IU recruiter at the annual conference and complete contact information card.
- University of Liberia: Must be a current student or alumnus of the University of Liberia. Please complete the education background section of the application before selecting this recruitment program.
Fee waiver for current Vista/Peace Corps or AmeriCorps volunteers
If you have volunteered for at least a year with Vista, Peace Corps, or AmeriCorps (U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents only) within the last two years, please forward a letter of documentation to email@example.com. If you qualify, you will receive a fee waiver code to enter into your application.