**GU2IU will be returning in-person for Fall 2021! The office of the University Graduate School will continue to monitor and follow university guidelines regarding COVID-19 and all dates are tentative. Please see below for details.**
Indiana University’s Graduate School is committed to enhancing the diversity of its graduate programs. The Getting You into Indiana University (GU2IU) Program at Indiana University Bloomington (IUB) is designed to offer prospective graduate students, and particularly those interested in the Ph.D. and M.F.A., an opportunity to visit our campus, at no cost, to learn more about current research of our faculty and graduate students, and to experience the quality of our graduate programs. For flier, visit here.
The University Graduate School will host Getting You into Indiana University (GU2IU) on Monday, October 31, 2021 to Tuesday, November 2, 2021.
Participants will learn more about IU’s Ph.D. and M.F.A. programs, research opportunities and funding options. Additionally, participants will meet with faculty, staff and current graduate students, attend sessions on preparing competitive applications for graduate admission, how to thrive as a graduate student, and additional IU resources. All participants will receive an application fee waiver for doctoral programs in The Graduate School.
Apply by September 13, 2021.
Prospective Graduate Participant Benefits
- Interact with world-class faculty in your interested discipline and research interest
- Network with current graduate students and other prospective students
- Engage administrators on strategies for submitting a competitive application and how to secure funding
- Be exposed to research opportunities
- Applicant must be a recent graduate or in their junior or senior year of their undergraduate degree. All applicants must anticipate enrollment in graduate school in Fall 2022.
- Applicants must be US citizens, permanent residents or DACA recipients. Undocumented scholars are welcomed to apply.
- Prior research experience in desired field is suggested.
- Scholars who are African American or Black, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, OR who participated in a NIH- RISE, NIH-IMSD, Mellon Mays, McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program, OR who are first-generation college scholars who participated in Upward Bound, Talent Search, Educational Opportunities Centers, or similar programs along with scholars from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs), and Tribal Colleges are strongly encouraged to apply.
Prospective graduate students must possess a strong academic profile for the program they are interested in visiting. The strongest applicants for graduate study will have a clear sense of how and why each specific program is a good fit for their intended work. We suggest looking carefully at our degree programs and faculty and indicating which you are most interested in. To that end, the application limits you to be able to pick ONE PhD program of interest.
September 13: Application Deadline
September 15-30: Committee reviews applications
October 4: Applicants are notified of their selection/denial
October 6: Selected applicants must accept or deny offer
October 21: Personalized Schedules
October 31 - November 2: 2021 Getting You into Indiana University (GU2IU)
To be considered in our selection process, interested students must submit all application materials electronically by September 13, 2021.
- GU2IU Program Application (Click HERE)
- Statement of Interest (500 words or less directed towards your graduate program of interest that indicates your research and/or professional interest and why you want to pursue these interests at Indiana University)
- Unofficial copy of transcript
- Current CV/resume
These items are uploaded through the application form. Note: Because the form asks for file attachments, you will need to sign in to your Google account to use it. If you do not have a Google account, you can create one for free. If you do not wish to create one, contact us for a work-around.
**We anticipate very high demand for this program. Not being admitted to GU2IU does not determine your admission to IU Graduate Programs.**
For any other questions regarding this program please contact Daniel An at firstname.lastname@example.org.