About Getting You into Indiana University Fall 2019 Recruitment Program
Getting You into Indiana University (GU2IU), a campus recruitment program for prospective underrepresented and minority students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.F.A. at Indiana University (IUB) Bloomington. The three-day event will be conducted on the IUB campus. This is an all-expense paid trip for selected highly qualified applicants including air fare, lodging, and meals. Participants will learn more about IU’s Ph.D. and M.F.A. programs, research opportunities and funding options. Additionally, participants will meet with faculty, staff and current graduate students, attend sessions on preparing competitive applications for graduate admission, explore campus cultural centers, and take a campus tour.
Watch this video "Getting You Into IU"
For the student invitation, visit here.
The GU2IU Application
We invite you to submit an application. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply. Up to 50 prospective students will be invited for a GU2IU campus visit. A complete GU2IU application has the following components:
- A completed application CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- A copy of current transcripts (unofficial)
- An academic CV/resume
- GRE Scores (if available)
- A personal statement of interest that includes past research projects or creative activity (no more the 500 words)
- Names of three Indiana University faculty members you would like to meet
- One recommendation letter from a faculty member/mentor CLICK HERE FOR FACULTY RECOMMENDATION
* Faculty recommendation is strongly encouraged but not required
All applications materials must be received electronically by September 6, 2019.
For any other questions regarding this program please contact Dr. Bianca D. Evans-Donaldson at email@example.com.