Changes to existing graduate school programs require formal approval by the offering department and school and by the dean of the University Graduate School. Such changes include:
- Addition or deletion of degree programs
- Changes to curriculum requirements
- Changes to program tracks, concentrations, or majors
- Changes to skill or language requirements
- Changes in exam administration or policies
Before you propose changes to an existing program, we recommend you consult the University Graduate School Bulletin, which lists university-accepted degree policies. Read the policies »
To propose new programs, change existing program names, or discontinue existing programs:
- Review the overall process, timetable, and required documentation guidelines administered by the Office of the Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs
- Contact Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs Jeff Rutherford at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-4010.
Changes to existing degree requirements that do not involve proposing a new program, changing a program name, or program discontinuation can be submitted directly to the University Graduate School by contacting Assistant Dean Rutherford.
Departments must ensure that all approved changes to academic programs are reflected in the University Graduate School bulletin during annual publication.