- Ph.D. in Latin American Studies
- Bronx, New York
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- Wesleyan University
What degree are you working toward?
- I am working towards a Ph.D. in History, specifically Latin American History. I received my MA in 2015 and am now taking qualifying exams to become a Ph.D. candidate.
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- IU Bloomington seemed to be the best for me. I had to make a decision between two prestigious programs and at the end of the day I felt more support from the IU community and chose to come here! I do not regret my decision at all. My department is very supportive and I have found a community here at IU and in Bloomington.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- Last year, I won a prestigious award from the University Graduate School-- John H. Edwards Fellowship. This award is given to graduate students who not only excel in academia but also have dedicated their time to community service. I think that this award exemplifies what I find most important: giving your time to both your academic and non-academic community.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- I love the kinds of relationship I have forged with people in Bloomington, both at IU and in the greater Bloomington community. What I enjoy most is attending cultural events. Places like La Casa, the Latino Cultural Center, the Neal Marshall Black Culture Center, and the Asian Cultural Center are always hosting different kinds of events that include stimulating conversation and food!