- MA in Sociology
- Lancaster, California
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
What degree are you working toward?
- I am working towards my Master's and Ph.D. in Sociology.
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- I chose IU Bloomington for my graduate studies because of the opportunity to be mentored by some of the best scholars in my field. I knew that moving to the Midwest from California would be a culture shock but that it would be a great opportunity to challenge me to grow as a person and create space and opportunity to find and form community.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- My favorite academic accomplishment thus far has been being awarded the 2016 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program Award.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- I enjoy being involved with my community because it created a feeling of belonging for me. Time with friends at various events on and off campus really helped me feel at home. By far one of my favorite events to go to is the monthly poetry slam because it allows me to have fun and get in touch with my artistic side.