- M.S.Ed. in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Brooklyn, New York
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- St. John's University
What degree are you working toward?
- I am working toward an M.S.Ed Higher Education and Student Affairs
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- As a Brooklyn native, I knew that I needed to leave New York City, be uncomfortable and go somewhere new. The Midwest was the new uncomfortable place for me. I wanted to be challenged and pushed so that I could grow and have a transformative experience. I also choose IU Bloomington because of the strong community here inside and outside of my program. Lastly, my program is top ranked in my field and I knew that I would be in the classroom with some change agents.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- Some of my favorite academic accomplishments since I've been at Indiana University has been having my poem accepted for publication in an anthology, presenting at the National Conference on Race and Ethnicity in American Higher Education and performing at the the Herman Hudson Symposium.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- The best part of Bloomington is the community. I have made friends here who will be my friends for life. The way that we support one another throughout our educational and professional journey is something that I have never encountered before.