- Ph.D. in Folklore and Ethnomusicology
- Bloomington, IN
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- Indiana University Bloomington
What degree are you working toward?
- I am working towards a PhD in Ethomusicology, and am currently in my 2nd year of the program.
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- The graduate school at Indiana University Bloomington is truly a uniquely diverse department. The program contains scholars from all over the world, and I believe this provides a positive global component to every program within the school. My MA interests centered on Europe, so therefore earning a degree from the European Studies Program within the most prominent School of Global and International Studies at IU was a large incentive for me.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- My most favorite academic accomplishment thus far as been my participation in the Cox Scholars Program at Indiana University. Within that program, I am the first Cox Access Scholar to graduate with a BA from IU, having completed that in May 2013. Being a Cox scholar was a watershed moment in my academic career, and through that program I met many wonderful scholars and educators with like-minded goals similar to mine.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- Bloomington's Diversity in all life aspects, from restaurants, to weekend activities off campus all over the city, to the many campus lectures and arts programs on campus. Bloomington attracts visitors from all over the nation during key events such as Homecoming, the annual Lotus Music Festival, Taste of Bloomington and events at the MAC and IU Auditorium, to name just a few. The city has a program and/or event for almost any interest imaginable.