Diversity Fellows Program
Each year since 2016, two graduate students are selected to serve as Diversity Fellows to support the efforts of the Diversity and Inclusion team. The Diversity Fellows support the Diversity & Inclusion team in reaching those who have traditionally been underrepresented in graduate education. The primary role is to establish and maintain strong connections with current and prospective students, student organizations, and other community members with a focus on furthering diversity and inclusion initiatives at Indiana University in the University Graduate School. Fellows also assist with programming that is geared towards building inclusive intellectual and social spaces for all members of the Indiana University Graduate School community with a particular focus on underrepresented communities.
Eligibility and Requirements
Essential qualifications of applicants:
- Current Indiana University graduate student in good standing with their department
- Available to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Knowledgeable about student and academic life at Indiana University
- Coverletter and CV/resume submitted to Dr. Bianca Evans, Assistant Dean, Diversity and Inclusion
- This is a paid graduate student opportunity through the University Graduate School with funding from the Provost's Office.
- Attending on-campus recruitment events (e.g. serve on panels, give tours or meet one-to-one with prospective graduate students) as a representative of the University Graduate School.
- Attending local and regional graduate recruitment fairs and pipeline-building events as a representative of the Schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering, and to give a graduate student perspective to potential applicants.
- Responding to the email and phone inquiries of prospective students as assigned.
- Developing programs during the academic year related to graduate student life and issues of diversity.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.