- IU Bloomington
- M.S.Ed in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Canton, Ohio
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- Ohio State University
What degree are you working toward?
- I am working towards my M.S.Ed in Higher Education and Student Affairs.
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- Primarily, I chose to pursue my master's degree from IU Bloomington because the financial support I am receiving through my graduate assistantship in Residential Programs and Services was unmatched by any other institution I applied to. Additionally, the Higher Education and Student Affairs Master's program here at IU is highly ranked and one of the oldest HESA programs in the country. The opportunities available to me here, and the network of support that I will be gaining as an IU HESA alum is also unmatched by most other institutions.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- At the end of my first year, I was awarded the Elizabeth A. Greenleaf Fellowship, which is an award that is given to a first year woman in the HESA Master's Program each year. Students are nominated by HESA faculty for this award, and it was a great honor for me to receive the award from educators that I personally respect and admire greatly.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- I am a huge fan of theatre and performing arts, and the IU Auditorium has a fantastic lineup each year of musicals, plays, and concerts that come to campus. The IU Cinema also offers so many great films and documentaries that I wouldn't be able to see otherwise. It is such a treat to be able to see so many fantastic productions throughout the year!