- IU Bloomington
- M.S.Edu. in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- New York, NY
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- New York University
What degree are you working toward?
- M.S.Ed in Higher Education and Student Affairs
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- I chose to attend this school to maximize the opportunities I would have while in graduate school (financially, socially and within my field). IUB has an extensive network of individuals who are change-makers and committed to the field of education. I made this decision while working as an expatriate in China because of the strong support I received from students of color in the program while applying, and I knew this would be integral to my graduate career success.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- I have been able to explore courses in various departments outside of the School of Education that have expanded my understanding of how social justice can be incorporated into higher education spaces - this has been very rewarding and transformative.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- I enjoy the summer/early fall for nature and outside activities such as hiking, lake exploration and horseback riding.