- IU Bloomington
- Ph.D. in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- West Palm Beach, FL
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU)
What degree are you working toward?
- I am working toward a doctorate in Higher Education and Student Affairs minoring in Counseling Psychology
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- After participating in the Fall 2016 Getting You into IU recruitment weekend, I made a decision that IU would be the place for me to continue my education. This decision came because of my interaction with the graduate students and staff I encountered and how welcoming they were to me. I was able to walk away with a sense of knowing that I would have a good support system when I matriculate to this institution.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- As a first year doctoral student, I was able to get my first publication from a paper that was written in my History of Higher Education class. This was rewarding to be because the field of higher education is new to me and this publication gave me a sense that I can accomplish anything despite the obstacles that may arise.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- Living in Bloomington reminds me of the small town feel like Tallahassee, FL. It is slow paced and not much distraction since it is a college town. I love that I am able to experience more than 2 seasons and when the trees change colors from the bright yellows, reds and purple, it makes me happy and peaceful.