- IU Bloomington
- Ph.D. in Education Policy Studies
- Dayton, Ohio
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- University of Cincinnati
What degree are you working toward?
- I am currently pursuing my Ph.D. in Education Policy Studies with a focus in Educational Leadership. Additionally, I completed all courses to obtain my school administrator license.
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- I chose to attend graduate school at Indiana University Bloomington for a variety of reasons. I completed my K-12, undergraduate, and graduate education in Ohio so I was ready for a change. That being said, I wanted to be located within 3-4 hours of my family in Dayton so location was definitely a factor. IU's School of Education has a great reputation and the support and connections made at some of the recruitment events helped to convince me that this was a good fit.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- My favorite academic accomplishment thus far would be my practicum experience at a local elementary school when I was working on my school administrator license. It was such a great learning experience and allowed me to apply what I was learning in classes to real-world settings. I also worked to secure a large grant for the music program and worked with the PTO to put on a school and community event so my work there really allowed me to help make a difference for others.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- The IU campus really has a lot to offer and it all makes Bloomington a good place to be. I enjoy attending IU athletic events, Jacob School of Music operas and plays, African American Arts Institute performances, and the list goes on. I have also formed great relationships with people here and this helps Bloomington feel more like home.