- IU Bloomington
- Ph.D. in Literacy, Culture and Language Education
- Louisville, Kentucky
Where did you complete your Undergraduate Studies?
- University of Louisville
What degree are you working toward?
- I just recently ended my third year (two years here at IU) in my doctoral program, Literacy, Culture and Language Education with a minor in Educational Leadership (Principal Licensure).
Why did you choose graduate school at IU Bloomington?
- I was recruited to visit IU Bloomington through the GUI2IU initiative while teaching in Louisville in 2015 and while I was enrolled in another doctoral program part time. After coming, I felt so welcomed and could sense that I would be more supported. During the visit I got to meet one on one with the former chair, several faculty and sit in on a class in action. I could see that I could definitely fit in with the program and it was a good match. I applied to IU and another program but in the end made the decision to come to IU because of the Associate Instructor opportunity and due to the program being a better match for my career goals.
What's been your favorite academic accomplishment since you've been here?
- My favorite academic accomplishment is figuring out the IRB process and starting my own pilot study that has blossomed this past year. I have enjoyed growing as a researcher and sharing and receiving feedback.
What do you enjoy most about life in Bloomington?
- I enjoy the limited distractions and tranquilness that help me to truly focus on and pour into my work and grow as a scholar.